Friday, January 9, 2009

A firm grip...

I cannot believe how well my new mentality is working!! Last night GK wanted icecream so I let her have one of my low point WW variety... She, being the good girl she is, offered me the first bite. I took it and it actually left a sour milk taste in my mouth!! I have a chocolate snack bar sitting in my desk and I was getting a little hungry before lunch and thought about eating it... I looked at it, turned my nose up and shut the drawer! I should just throw it out!! My question now is "How long will this last?". Probably as long as I want it to! I swear, i had better see some results!

So unrelated to weight loss...

I love my husband. I am so grateful for him and I just feel so lucky. I don't have the best body image, no secret. I have often wondered how he can possibly be attracted to me but nearly 50 pounds later, he still can make me mush. Last night as we were trying to go to sleep he rolls over and grabs on to me with such a firm grip that i nearly couldn't breathe. I am not the cuddly type, he is and can't stand that I am not. I almost complained about the grip but then I just settled in and thought, wow. It was such a feeling of security and peace. (this of course sent my mind wheeling down memory lane and i couldn't sleep at all but I didn't mind) He has been holding on to me like that for almost 10 years now. I love nights like that and I pray he never stops...

No comments:

Post a Comment